Here's how to prepare for your pet's upcoming surgery:
- Grooming should be planned for before the procedure as your pet won't be able to bath for two weeks while sutures heal.
- Do not give your pet any food or water after midnight the night before anesthesia. They will receive IV fluids throughout surgery day so don't be concerned about dehydration!
- Arrive at the hospital at 8:00 am on the morning of surgery.
- You will be asked to sign some paperwork while we make your pet comfortable in their own kennel in the treatment area. This includes an anesthesia approval form and a customized care plan.
- Make sure to leave a phone number where you can be reached throughout the day so we can give you updates!